Sunday, May 5, 2013

Honesty

So remember last week when I said this blogging thing will mostly be about accountability? Well, I'm amending that. This blog will now be mostly about accountability but also partly about honesty.

So honestly, I didn't do so well at attaining my goals in my first week.

You remember what my goals were, right? Me either, so here they are again copied and pasted from last week:

1) Exercise 4 days a week (but also do 50 push ups and 100 crunches every day)
2) Post a weekly blog entry
3) Weigh at most 199 pounds by August 16, 2014

Number three is a long-term goal, so I'm rating myself on the first two only. And as you can see, goal number two has been attained! (it's the little things, right?)

Number one...as I said earlier, I didn't do so well. I did 50 pushups and 100 crunches on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, I was really sore and life got in the way (excuses, excuses, I know). Not only that but I didn't exercise at all except for my soccer game on Monday night.

So I'm sensing a pattern here, are you? I get psyched up about something, then a few days later the idea putters out.

BUT, I've decided that part of life is letting yourself off the hook. And who cares if I get a slow start out of the gate? You all who read this won't judge me, right? So another decision I've made is that this coming week will be about making smart choices on the little things--like when I go out for lunch, choosing the sliced bread over the roll (even if the roll provides the perfect meat-to-bread-to-condiments ratio--you know what I'm talking about!).

So here's to the second week of my journey and to making smart choices...and to being held accountable, and to a healthy life. And now I'm going to go have an Otter Pop or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment